Redod Terms & Conditions
This page states the terms and conditions under which you may use the website www.redod.com, Redod and all related apps and services.
By continuing to use this website you agree to the Terms and Conditions.
- Terms and Conditions are binding and enforceable against all individuals and/or entities (referred to as “you“; “your” or “user“) that access or use the Website, or any part thereof.
- The term “website”” as used herein refers to www.redod.com
By using the website, you are indicating your acceptance to be bound by these terms and conditions. The website may revise these terms and conditions at any time by updating this page. You should visit this page periodically to review the terms and conditions, to which you are bound.
- Users may not use the website in order to transmit, distribute, store or destroy material:
- in violation of any applicable law or regulation;
- in a manner that will infringe the copyright, trademark, trade secret or other intellectual property rights of others; or violate the privacy, publicity or other personal rights of others;
- that is defamatory, obscene, threatening, abusive or hateful.
- The following is prohibited with respect to the website:
- Using any robot, spider, other automatic device or manual process to monitor or copy any part of the website;
- Using any device, software, routine or the like to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the website.
- Taking any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the website infrastructure;
- Copying, reproducing, altering, modifying, creating derivative works, or publicly displaying any content from the website without Redod’s prior written consent;
Reverse assembling or otherwise attempting to discover any source code relating to the website or any tool therein, except to the extent that such activity is expressly permitted by applicable law notwithstanding this limitation;
- Attempting to access any area of the website to which access is not authorized.
Copyright and Intellectual Property Rights
- All content, trademarks and data on this website; including but not limited to, software, databases, text, graphics, icons, hyperlinks, private information, and designs are the property of or licensed to the website.
- Users of this website are not granted a license or any other right including without limitation under Copyright, Trade Mark, Patent or Intellectual Property Rights in/or to the content.
- The Website, including the Website Content and Redod Trademarks, are the exclusive property of Redod.
- The Website (and all related pages) including, but not limited to, pictures, photographs of properties used on the Website, any content, software, text, graphics, trade names, logos, trade-marks, designs and service marks or any other material contained in or electronically distributed on the Website (collectively referred to as the “Website Content“) are protected by law, including but not limited to copyright and trade mark law (whether in South Africa or elsewhere in the world where the Website is accessed and/or used).
- Where any of the Website Content has been licensed to Redod or belongs to any third party, your rights of use will also be subject to any terms and conditions which that licensor or third party may impose on you from time to time, and you agree to comply with such third party terms and conditions. You acknowledge that it will be your responsibility to familiarise yourself with such third party terms and conditions.
- You will not / may not:
- acquire any right, title or interest in or to the Website; Website Content or Redod Trademarks;
- make a permanent copy of or reproduce this Website and/or the Website Content in any form whatsoever;
reproduce or incorporate this Website into any other website;
- frame this Website without the express written consent of Redod.
- You may only print, display or download temporary copies of the Website Content to your computer for your own personal non-commercial use.
- Any use, distribution or reproduction of the Website Content or Redod Trademarks are prohibited (unless you are expressly authorised to do so by Redod in writing). To obtain permissions for the commercial use of any Website Content and/or Redod Trademarks you must contact us at email@example.com prior to such use.
Changes and amendments to these terms and conditions
- Redod reserves the right to change the information displayed on the Website including these Terms and Conditions at any time without notice to you.
- It is your responsibility to visit the Website periodically to review the Terms and Conditions to which you are bound.
- The new terms will be effective immediately when they are posted on the Website and, by continuing to access or use the Website, you will be deemed to have accepted the new terms (as published on the Website).
Privacy and protection of personal information
- Personal information is crucial to the running of Redod business and is one of its most valuable business tools. Redod respects and values the security and privacy of your personal information and follows security procedures when storing and disclosing your personal information to prevent unauthorised access to such information.
Property Listing Service
- If you use the Redod property listing service (Listing Service) then, in addition to the terms and conditions above, the following terms and conditions apply.
- In the following, “material” includes any text, photographs, floor plans or other material prepared and submitted by any third party service provider on your behalf.
- Redod is not, and does not hold itself out to be:
- an estate agent generally, or an “estate agent” as defined and contemplated in the Estate Agency Affairs Act, 1976, as amended, or any replacement legislation, in particular; or
- an attorney, conveyancer, financial or tax advisor, mortgage bond originator, or valuer.
- Redod has no power as agent or otherwise to negotiate or conclude any agreement on your behalf, and no such power must be inferred. You are liable for all obligations and consequences howsoever arising from your negotiation or conclusion of any agreement pursuant to the use of the Listing Service. You are strongly urged to make detailed enquiries about any party that you intend negotiating or contracting with, and to obtain advice from a qualified professional before concluding any contract.
- You use the Listing Service at your own risk.
- When using the Listing Service you may not submit any material that:
- is unlawful;
- is harmful to minors;
- is fraudulent, false or misleading;
- infringes any third party intellectual property, personal, confidentiality, or other rights; or
- is defamatory or obscene.
- You are solely responsible for all material that you submit and any consequences that may result from your submission. Redod has the right (but not the obligation), at its’ sole discretion and without notice, to refuse or to delete any material that Redod
- considers to be in breach of these terms and conditions.
- You must submit all material in the format and detail determined by Redod from time to time.
- Redod has the right (but not the obligation), without notice:
- to monitor and moderate all material submitted on the Listing Service; and
- to refuse or to restrict any user’s use of the Listing Service, temporarily or permanently.
- is not responsible for the accuracy of any material that is submitted; and
- does not endorse any material submitted or product listed, and no such endorsement must be inferred, or claimed by you.
- You grant Redod a perpetual, royalty-free, transferable right to publish all material submitted by you.
- You must comply with all applicable laws, including (without limitation) the Consumer Protection Act, 2008 (in particular, sections 29 to 39 of that act) and the Alienation of Land Act, 1981.
- If you instruct Redod to contract with any third party to prepare and submit material on your behalf, Redod is not liable to you for any damages or costs howsoever arising as a result of any act or omission on the part of the third party, including (without limitation) any deficiency in the material, or damage or loss incurred at your premises when the third party renders the service; and you indemnify Redod accordingly.
- You agree to pay all fees and other amounts charged by Redod for using the Listing Service from time to time. If you fail to pay the fees when due, Redod may (without prejudice to any other rights it may have), without notice, suspend your use of the Listing Service temporarily or permanently. Fees are not refundable.
- All disputes in terms of this agreement or relating to the use or inability to use this web site shall be settled by arbitration conducted in English in terms of the rules of the South African Arbitration Foundation. Such arbitration shall be held in Cape Town, and the unsuccessful party shall pay all costs incurred by the successful party in attending and preparing for such arbitration.
- These Terms & Conditions constitute the entire agreement between Redod and you. Any failure by Redod to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms & Conditions shall in no way constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
- In the event that any term or condition is not fully enforceable or valid for any reason, such term(s) or condition(s) shall be severable from the remaining terms and conditions. The remaining terms and conditions shall not be affected by such unenforceability or invalidity and shall remain enforceable and applicable.
- YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR THE USE TO WHICH YOU PUT THE WEBSITE AND ALL THE RESULTS AND INFORMATION YOU OBTAIN FROM IT; AND THAT ALL WARRANTIES, CONDITIONS, UNDERTAKINGS, REPRESENTATIONS AND TERMS WHETHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE ARE HEREBY EXCLUDED BY REDOD TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- Save in respect of liability for death or personal injury arising out of our gross negligence or for fraudulent misrepresentation, we and all contributors to the Website hereby disclaim, to the fullest extent permitted by law, all liability for any loss or damage including any consequential or indirect loss or damage incurred by you, whether arising in delict, contract or otherwise, and arising out of or in relation to or in connection with your access to or use of or inability to use the Website.
- If any part of these Terms and Conditions is unenforceable (including any provision in which we exclude our liability to you) the enforceability of any other part of these conditions will not be affected.
- These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws in force in the Republic of South Africa.
- In the event of any dispute arising between you and Redod , you consent to the jurisdiction of the Western Cape High Court (notwithstanding that the quantum in the action or proceedings may otherwise be beyond the monetary jurisdiction of that court).
- Redod may legally assign any of its rights and obligations under these Terms and Conditions at any time without giving you notice.
- You agree that you shall only use the Website for lawful purposes and shall not in any manner whatsoever modify, distribute or exploit the Website Content of without Redod ‘s prior written consent. You also agree that you shall not abuse or misuse the Website or the Website Contents in any manner whatsoever.